Full Time Kitchen Managers - Save-On-Foods (Calgary)
This job posting is no longer active
Save-On-Foods is growing and coming to Calgary!
The Overwaitea Food Group is a member of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. We are based in Langley, BC and support 126 stores and 14,000 team members. Our core values of People, Service, Innovation, Fun, and Integrity helps us fulfill our mission of “Always Customer First.”
We are currently looking to hire full time Kitchen Managers for our new Calgary locations. Our Kitchen Managers will be the leaders of our Restaurant areas, bringing their expertise and passion for food and customer service!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for inventory, food quality, scheduling, shrink control, as well as being able to see projects through to the end.
- Implement, execute and maintain new and seasonal menu updates and changes.
- Recruits, trains, educate, supervise restaurant team according to established standard procedures; actively supervises team performance to develop a skilled and motivated culinary team.
- Have the ability to provide memorable customer service that is second to none.
- Plan daily a la carte menu items and specials to ensure that the food meets highest of quality standards set in by the Corporate Chef.
- Work in an open Kitchen environment with an honest and sincere presentation to all of our shoppers and guests, answer questions and be able to handle customer’s issues.
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several team members.
- Plan daily A la carte menu items and specials and ensure food meets high standard of quality, taste, and presentation.
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
- 3 -5 years’ experience as kitchen manager/supervisor working in a fast paced restaurant/hospitality environment.
- Red Sealed Certification is considered an asset.
- A passion for food and customer service while having fun at work.
- Have a keen and thorough ability to lead and train staff with quality results.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Lead with professionalism, passion and possess an awesome attitude, while treating team members with dignity and patience.
- Can take direction from Corporate Chef.
- Have a great aptitude for training staff with energy and provide constructive feedback.
- Understands all safety procedures and precautions.
- Have a good working knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. and H.A.C.C.P.
- Proven communication skills and strong participatory leadership ability.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and maintaining high standards.
- Must be willing to work weekends and some afternoon shifts.
A leadership style that embodies the following competencies:
- Communication – listens actively, creates shared understanding, and fosters mutual trust & respect.
- Collaboration – builds strong relationships, coaches, mentors, and empowers, supports learning & development.
- Initiative – develops and aligns People, Service and Profit strategies, holds self and others accountable, makes quality and timely decisions.
- Awareness – models shared and core values, demonstrates self-awareness, and remains optimistic and resilient.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.