Full Time Senior Specialist, Deli - Save-On-Foods (Seton)
The Overwaitea Food Group is a dynamic member of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. Located in Langley, BC, we support over 125 unique stores in 6 banner formats (Save-On-Foods, Cooper's Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Bulkley Valley Wholesale) across both BC and Alberta. With over 14,000 team members and one of the longest serving team member bases in the retail industry, our team is committed to fulfilling our mission of "Always Customer First" and maintaining our core values of People, Service, Innovation,Fun and Integrity.
Reporting to the Deli Department Manager, or other Manager delegated by the Store Manager, assists in the management of the operations of a Save-On-Foods Deli department. Assists in achieving targeted department objectives in accordance with the company's overall strategic direction and assumes the duties of Department Manager in his or her absence.
- Assists in managing the department, with a focus on providing excellent customer service. Responds to customer complaints and concerns as required. Ensures all department team members support the Customer First criteria and requirements.
- Responsible for the forecasting and achievement of established department sales, profit, productivity, and shrink control targets.
- Accountable for the effective execution of merchandising and marketing plans with a focus on product mix, presentation, sell through, sales requirements, and profitability.
- Partners with the Department Manager to manage product ordering, inventory control, and ordering of department's supply items.
- Responsible for supervising, training, coaching, mentoring, monitoring of job performance and the preparing of performance evaluations. Ensures orientation is scheduled for new Team Members.
- Upholds all company policies and procedures and reports discrepancies as necessary.
- Accurately prepares, safeguards and forwards various administration reports including shrink logs, temperature logs, department gross and inventory reports according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to health and safety and other operational issues in the department are adhered to by the team members.
- Communicates with other team members, giving both positive feedback and constructive feedback to support the achievement of the company's strategic plan.
- Monitors and assists in the receiving and unloading of merchandise to ensure all departments receiving accurately reflect the items and counts listed on invoices. Ensures proper reconciliation for DSD reports. Routinely checks products to confirm quality, count and condition.
- Orders and controls use of all expense items and observes sound environmental practices.
- Ensures all merchandise is correctly priced, labeled and signed including all advertised and promotional merchandise.
- Responsible for completing all sales and merchandising planners.
- Implements procedures to ensure that department personnel maintain receiving practices, cold chain, store coolers, displays and shelves. (ie. stocked and faced). Ensures inventory is rotated in accordance with product code dates and store policies to maintain quality and freshness.
- Maintains and oversees housekeeping practices, food safety standards and sanitation program for department work areas and sales floor. Implements procedures to monitor floor conditions during store hours and maintain sweep logs as required.
- Maintains all equipment in good working order with all safeguards in place and immediately advises Management of any equipment problems.
- Accountable for timely completion of required AB Training Grid courses.
- Performs other reasonable duties and assignments as directed with the exception of the discipline of other team members (Corrective Action Reports).
- Experience and/or knowledge with:
- Sales/financial planning and budgeting.
- Merchandising programs/concepts, including seasonal merchandising and in-store animation.
- Inventory control & shrink management.
- Human Resources/Labour Relations (e.g. recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management).
- Health & Safety.
- Food Safety Management.
- Aptitude in working with numbers and math concepts.
- PC literacy with MS applications (i.e. Word, Excel) is considered an asset.
- A leadership style that embodies the following competencies:
- Communication -- listens actively, creates shared understanding, and fosters mutual trust & respect.
- Collaboration -- builds strong relationships, coaches, mentors, and empowers, supports learning & development.
- Initiative -- develops and aligns PSP strategies, holds self and others accountable, makes quality and timely decisions.
- Awareness -- models shared and core values, demonstrates self awareness, and remains optimistic and resilient.
Interested applicants can now apply online atwww.owfg.com/join-our-team/employment-opportunities
on or before October 7th, 2013.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.